List the things that are essential to you in your daily life. Do prefer to have a supermarket nearby? Do you need a dog park? A private school that is just a few minutes away? View of the beach? After you have determined your priorities, pick the suburb that suits your lifestyle.
In Newcastle, you will find four main types of suburbs and practically all homes will fit one type. Identify which lifestyle fits you and you are set to find the right suburb for you.
A suburb that is close to the CBD is ideal for those who prefer a social nightlife, modern amenities that are nearby and be at the centre at what’s happening in their city. A typical Inner City suburb features theatre, live music, excellent eating places and nightly entertainment that area easily accessible.
- Do you own a car?
- Do you eat out for dinner or go to a pub four or five nights a week?
- Is your place of work located in the CBD?
- Will a compact apartment be able to accommodate all of your belongings?
- Is it important for you that your work, residence and gym are located within walking distance of each other?
If your answer to almost all of the questions above is YES, then Inner City suburb is right for you. You will like Newcastle City, The Junction, Cooks Hill, Newcastle West, Carrington, Maryville and Wickham.
The Trendy Urban suburb is perfect for people who want the social nightlife found in the inner city but don’t have the budget to live there. This type of suburb is near enough to the city to allow you to catch the entertainment on offer but can be a little more within your means and family friendly.
Weekend produce markets, tiny strips of hip restaurants and good local schools are usually found in these suburbs. Young families that are making the shift from childless living to family fun will find trendy urban suburbs perfect for them.
- Do you lack the finances but still you wish to reside near the city?
- Would you want to have a park nearby where your children can play?
- Do you enjoy the hubbub of the city but wish to reside in an area that is slightly more relaxed?
- Is a backyard a requirement for you?
- Are you lured by the convenience of city living but also enjoys a peaceful walk around suburban streets?
If your response to most of these questions is YES, then a Trendy Urban suburb is perfect for you. Suburbs like Hamilton, Adamstown, Broadmeadow, Georgetown, Waratah, Lambton and New Lambton, just to name a few, will suit you best.
Larger families, possibly with children in high school, who require big spaces, will find the Family Friendly suburb more their type. The cost of purchasing a house in this type of suburb is normally pretty reasonable and you will own a property double the size and newly built for the same cost as a ragged, two-bedroom 1960s townhouse on a Trendy Urban suburb.
You will generally find major shopping centres and decent supermarkets near Family Friendly suburbs. Kids commuting to and from school or sports practice will have good transport options in these suburbs. Compared to the Trendy Urban suburbs, the Family Friendly suburb is more peaceful, bigger and less city-centre.
- Do you have kids and/or pets?
- Does your family have more than one car and therefore the need for space to park them?
- Is a large outdoor area space a requirement for you?
- Is entertaining large groups of people something you regularly do?
- Do you prefer to have a decent local supermarket more than the hottest new nightclub?
If you love nature, fresh air, peace and quiet, and amazing news, then the Outer Rural area is for you. Whether your property is close to sea, bush or countryside, an Outer Rural location is perfect for you if you favour a slower, tranquil life that is far from the hubbub of the city.
- Are you a person that loves peace and quiet?
- Do you work in a rural area or from at home?
- Do you own big animals such as horses?
- Do you like to cook? (Subject to where your house is located, you may not be able to have a home delivery pizza service)
- Do you love to be alone?
If your response to majority of the above questions is YES, then you will enjoy living in the Outer Rural area. Tingira Heights, Belmont North, Mount Hutton, Eleebana, Martinsville, Cooranbong, Awaba, Metford, Freemans Waterhole, Minmi plus many others.
What suburb type are you? Are you living in the right suburb? If not, then perhaps I can help you turn the key to where you want to be. Call me directly to discuss on 0418447856.
Cheers, Annette Pinkerton.
Principal ONE AGENCY Pinkerton Properties