Well, the saying goes for Real Estate Agents too!
The market changes constantly, so what may have worked well for one seller is not always going to be the solution for the next seller. And even if it was, it's interesting to note that not all agents offer the same marketing options and solutions for selling your home anyway.
So it's understanding that trying to choose an agent is extremely difficult when some are offering 'oranges' and others are offering 'Pink Lady apples', then another is offering 'Granny Smith apples'.
The big question is how do you go about making the right choice when putting your home on the market? Especially when you want it sold and not languishing on realestate.com.au or domain.com.au for months down the track.
Here are a few tips that might help:
- Does your agent have a team of handymen, de-cluttering specialists, cleaners, gardeners, removalist they work with and recommend?
- If you’re not happy with the agent’s performance can you cancel the agreement?
- What are the agent’s qualifications? How long have they worked in the area? Can they show you a track record and offer testimonials? Can you call their testimonials yourself?
- Do they have professional images? Is their copy creative or is it bland?
- Are they asking for advertising money? This is a good thing. Professional images, copy writing, internet advertising, signage, brochures, and a floor plan – those things add up. It’s unlikely you’ll be using a savvy agent if they’re telling you all those things are ‘on the house’. And if they do..... It now means they have an investment in your home and will want to sell it quickly to recover their money.
Hope this article has been useful.
PS If you have a question or would like an appraisal call Annette on 0418 447 856 or submit your request here.